Right to deliberate and decide
- Enactment, amendment and repeal of ordinance
- Deliberation and confirmation of budget
- Approval of settlements of accounts
- Imposition and collection of fees, commission, contributions, local taxes or registration fees except the ones that are set in law
- Installation and operation of funds
- Acquisition and disposal of important assets prescribed by presidential decree
- Acquisition and disposal of public facilities prescribed by presidential decree
- Waiver of rights or obligations other than budget besides the ones regulated by laws or ordinances
- Acceptance and processing of petitions
- Exchange cooperation with foreign local governments
- Other rights stipulated in laws
Right to suggest opinions
- The council shall have the right to express its opinions at the request of the head of the local government. After the deliberation of proposals, the opinions can take the forms of either the yeas and nays or any other third opinion, which is not legally binding on outside organizations.
Rights to accept and process petitions
- As the representative body of the citizens, the local council is authorized to accept and handle petitions to the council on the recommendation of local council member.
Right to audit and investigate the administrative affairs
- Type of audit and investigation
|When and how||
implementation of plans
Report, questions and answers for administrative process
- The head of the local governments (relevant public officials) may attend meetings of the local council or its committees and report on the administrative affairs or deliver opinions and answer questions.
Right to request submission of documents
- With a decision at the plenary session or committees, the city council may request the head of the local government to submit documents directly related to examination of proposals.
Rights to self-control
- The council shall have the independence to make its own decisions on its opinions or internal affairs as prescribed in laws and regulations free from the intervention of outside institutions, including the right to organize, the right to make its regulations, the right of assembly, the right to maintain order and the right for the status of its members.